Skip to main content

We work hard to deliver accurate and timely bills to customers. Our customer service team is available to answer any questions you may have, review your account, and help address any outstanding balances. From time to time, we understand that after working with our customer service team, you may still wish to dispute your bill. 


A Water Review Board hearing may be available if you meet the following criteria:

  • The property is a residential property. Multi-family dwellings with four (4) units or less are eligible for Water Review Board. Multi-family dwellings with more than four (4) units are considered commercial and are not eligible.
  • You are the property owner or a tenant with a valid Tenant Deposit Agreement. If you are a tenant, you will need to submit proof of residency for the property address during the disputed billing period (such as an electric, gas, or cable bill) with your request.
  • You must have received a shut-off/termination notice. This notice is sent via U.S. Postal Service. To view an example of what a shut-off/termination notice looks like, click here.

Request a Hearing

To request a hearing, you may:

  • Complete the online Water Review Board Hearing Request Form
  • Download and complete a Water Review Board Hearing Request Form.
  • Submit a written request letter 

Online Request Form

 Download Request Form

The request must be:

  • Completed by the person who is financially responsible for the bill, and
  • Sent to Cleveland Water within ten (10) days of receipt of the shut-off/termination notice.

You can submit a completed form and proof of residency (if applicable) any of the following ways:

  • In Person: 1201 Lakeside Ave., Cleveland, Ohio, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. A Water Review Board Hearing Request Form can be provided for you to complete in our Customer Service Center.
  • By Email:
  • By Fax: 216-664-4007
  • By Mail: Water Review Board, 1201 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114